Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Racing Season 2010 Recap

A stairwell, a marathon, a mountain, a dizzy sprint tri, a broken toe, and a 10K for the team.  That was my 2010.

The Trek Up the Tower started things off and gave me an early idea of my fitness level.

From there, i worked so hard to have a good race at the Lincoln Marathon and while i enjoyed the journey, my time was not what i wanted it to be.

The Mt. Evans Ascent was a trip to remember with a great group and a 14.5 mile uphill race i'd definitely do again.

The sprint Papillion Mayor's Triathlon was a dizzy affair on a loopy course.  The swim was a breeze, the bike made me realize how little time i spent on the Cervelo this year, and the run was only a few miles, but hey it was a tri and in the books.  .5K Swim - 13.5M Bike - 3M Run in 1:22:04.  Swim 10:22, T1 1:22, Bike 46:01, T2 1:29, Run 22:53.  Jodi finished in 1:17:17.

The first ever Omaha Triathlon promised to be a challenging course and i would have loved to particiapte, but i broke my toe on a coffee table a few days before the race.  Still, i had a blast being a puppy sitter/sherpa/photographer.  Jodi, Sara, Michelle, Javi, Bob, and others had some great races.

Finally, though i had no speed work or strength work going in, i entered the Omaha Corporate Cup 10K because Ryan wanted me to and there were a ton of other Gallup runners and walkers making the committment.  My time was 42:29, a couple minutes slower than my last two, but a decent effort all things considered.  Oh, and there were many great times from those Gallup folks!

Overall, i think i had a pretty good year of training, with the most intense stuff coming early, leaving me tired for the rest of the year.  Mentally, after Lincoln i was never 100% fired up for any race.  However....

2011 promises to be more interesting.  While there are a few races on the radar, one sort of sticks out.  Already, i am trying to figure out how i will be able to race 140.6 miles in a day once again.  i think i'm going to need another miracle....

1 comments:

Unknown said...

There is no question in my mind that you will be able to and will be able to kick rear in the process! Thanks for being such an inspiration for me!! You have touched my life!

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails