Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Whines Like Smeagol


Seems like much of what i do in this blog is complain about my injuries, so i thought about changing its title from Wings Like Eagles to Whines Like Smeagol (Lord of the Rings reference). Probably not, though.

So, new shoes this week. They are pretty comfortable and sport colors of the Chicago Bears. Same make of shoes i've been running in since 1984.

On Sunday i was to run my second 20 miler. i made it 15. If you include my back, i am dealing with 6 injuries right now that make running life less than fun. One of them least affects my running, but will cause me to type less. My left forearm and wrist is experiencing a similar burning/tingling/aching/stabbing pain as my back. Seems like it is focused on the ulnar nerve. Whether it is directly related to my back or somehow related to biking and/or my job, i am not sure. For now i am aggressively icing and trying to use it less.

i also did about an hour of pool running on Sunday to make up for the lost miles on Saturday. Good bye, outdoor pool. See you in 2010.

1 comments:

Jodi said...

Glad you got the ulnar nerve thing figured out... kinda. In a "glad we can fix it" sort of way. Love you! Hang in there!

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails