Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Really Didn't Feel Like It But i Did


Didn't feel like running hills today. Didn't feel like lacing up at all, actually. Not much energy and the injuries were whispering not-so-sweet nothings in my ear. But, gave it a shot anyway.

Hobbled through a mile and a half warm-up to a nearby hill and the number 10 came to mind. At the start of each repeat i thought the word "relax"... and again half way up. It seemed to work as my arms were moving pretty well and my legs joined in the party. My lungs burned a little more deeply with each climb, but i got 'em done.

"Left foot" hurt enough with two blocks to go on the cool-down, so i walked it in from there, but considering how i felt at the start, i'm happy with it. A 20-miler looms this weekend. Not sure if i want to risk doing my scheduled 800 repeats. i also need to break in my new shoes soon.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails